The department has performed well with main destinations results closely matching institutional averages.
- The graduate level employment figure is 9% below the average of all Sussex departments with 71% of employed leavers being in graduate level work.
- The overall employment figure at 54% is 5% below the university average of 59%.
- The rate of unemployment for leavers from the department is below the school average at 3% although this is only one individual.
- Leavers from this department chose to undertake further study at a slightly lower rate than the university average with 28% of leavers choosing to study.
- This data gives the department a PI score of 79%, which is 4% below the university average.
Physics & Astronomy
The department and their graduates have recorded some excellent outcomes this year especially in the graduate level employment and further study metrics.
- The overall employment rate of 53% is 6% below the average rate across all departments.
- 84% of these leavers are in graduate level employment, 4% above the university average.
- Leavers have performed strongly in terms of unemployment with 7% indicting that they were still seeking work, although this is only four individuals.
- The further study rate for the department of 33% is above the institutional average of 30.
- This data gives the department a PI score of 84%, which is 1% above the university average of 83%.
* The Performance Indicator (PI) is the product of those in graduate level work or further study out of those in work, study or unemployment.