The department has performed well across the main outcomes groups of further study and graduate level employment.
- The graduate level employment figure is 6% above the average of all Sussex departments with 86% of employed leavers being in graduate level work.
- The overall employment figure at 47% is 12% below the university average of 59%.
- The rate of unemployment for leavers from the department is above the school average at 7% although this is only three individuals.
- Leavers from this department chose to undertake further study at a much higher rate than the university average with 40% of leavers choosing to study, this helps to mitigate the negative impact of the low overall employment rate.
- This data gives the department a PI score of 86%, which is 6% above the university average.
The department is a strong performer and their graduates have recorded some excellent outcomes this year.
- The overall employment rate of 51% is 8% below the average rate across all departments.
- 73% of these leavers are in graduate level employment, 7% below the university average.
- Leavers have performed strongly in terms of unemployment matching the institution average with 4% indicting that they were still seeking work.
- The further study rate for the department of 41% is well above the school and the institutional average of 30% and has contributed to reduce the impact of the low graduate level employment rate.
- This data gives the department a PI score of 82%, which is below the university average by 1%.
* The Performance Indicator (PI) is the product of those in graduate level work or further study out of those in work, study or unemployment.